Mar 25 2020
COVID-19 Safety Bulletin
** Our Acland Road Petro-Pass Store in Kelowna is TEMPORARILY CLOSED – however the cardlock remains OPEN for fueling and bulk DEF. Guests still have access to shower/washroom facilities at this time **
Our number one priority at Castle Fuels (2008) Inc. is the health and safety of our team, customers and the communities that we serve. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation daily and are updating our operating procedures to ensure business continuity and the safety of our people.
We remain open to serve our customers, as our services are essential to helping businesses, emergency personnel and communities’ function during this time. In order to do so, Castle Fuels (2008) Inc. has enforced a strict Exposure Control Plan to reduce employee and guest exposure and the spread of the novel coronavirus disease.
Managers and Supervisors are working diligently to ensure the plan is followed, and that necessary resources are available to all employees. Employees who are able have been provided the resources to work from home to limit the number of people in facilities that remain open.
This plan applies to all worksites, fleet vehicles and employees as well as customers. Some of the procedures included are:
• Access to sites/facilities is restricted to one customer at a time and online bill payment is encouraged
• Frequency of cleaning has been increased, with special attention paid to frequent touch points; disposable gloves worn while cleaning; hand sanitizer used throughout the day
• Any employees handling cash and documents that are passed to and from customers wear disposable gloves during transactions; gloves discarded after every transaction and hands washed
• Operating hours and work schedules adjusted to minimize the number of employees occupying a facility at one time; employees able are working from home
• Drivers are provided disinfectant wipes/cleaners and wipe high-touch surfaces in trucks after each shift; disposable gloves are worn when required to handle customer paperwork etc.
• Drivers carry sufficient supplies, including food and water, to avoid public places while on shift
• Employees are educated, and will observe appropriate social distancing practices and avoid physical contact with others
In the midst of these precarious times, we ask that you also do your part in keeping yourself and our communities protected. Please follow the instructions laid out by the government – stay home, avoid crowds, and avoid touching people. When it is necessary to travel outside of your home, practice social distancing. If you feel unwell or show any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, stay home and call a health-care provider to reduce your risk of catching or spreading illness. Do not go to work, school or public places, and avoid public transportation. If your symptoms are severe, call before you go to a doctor’s office, urgent care center or emergency room. This website has a great step-by-step instruction in the case you are feeling unwell: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-if-i-feel-sick
If you are in need of any lubricants, or products that you would normally drop into any of our facilities to buy, we ask that you please PHONE AHEAD – this will allow us to ensure we have your products in stock, and to have your product ready for you to pick-up. Arranging a time prior to pickup will allow us to have your invoice ready for you, and either ready with the product or sent to you electronically. We ask at this time, that you please avoid paying with cash, and anything that can be paid online will also limit contact for our customers as well as our staff.
These are just a few procedures in place among a detailed Exposure Control Plan. An Emergency Response Plan has also been put into place. Our EH & S team is working around the clock to ensure we have the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19, and that our employees are kept well-informed of all procedures and plans of action.
For any questions regarding our Exposure Control Plan or our Emergency Response Plan, or any other inquiries, please reach out to us at email@example.com or else 1-877-372-5035.