With Castle Fuels, you can keep your fleet running on the road with no hiccups. We serve the BC Interior with bulk fuel, DEF, lubricants and equipment. We’re an increasingly attractive supply alternative with competitive pricing and reliable service to both large and small customers. Castle Fuels features Petro-Canada products.
Slocan Rd. South Trail, Slocan, B.C. (just before CT Automotive)
Talk to us today about the many benefits of obtaining an account with Castle Fuels. We would be glad to arrange both business credit accounts as well as personal credit accounts.
A once booming town bustling with saloons, pack teams and rail cars of ore and miners during the Mining rush in the late 1800s, Slocan has since slowed down and become a small and relaxing community in the Slocan Valley of the West Kootenay region of British Columbia.
Building partnerships with clients, creating long-lasting business relationships based on trust & respect
Using advanced technology & processes of continuous improvement to deliver stellar services
Understanding what our clients do, why and how they do it, so that we can help them achieve their best results
Keeping truck fleets and other industries up and running by providing quality, reliable products & service
Slocan is located in the West Kootenay region of southeastern BC. The old riverboat and ferry port lies at Springer Creek’s mouth, near Slocan Lake. The town is located on BC Highway 6 about 69 km north of Castlegar and 183 km south of Revelstoke.
Slocan (/slokn/ sloh-KAN) derives from Ktunaxa suqan (/slhukin/) (Sinixt slogan). In spearing salmon, it means “to pierce, strike on the head.” In Okanagan-Colville, it’s lhum̀ín, meaning “harpoon.” Many incorrect and imaginative etymologies have been proposed in the past.
Also used for a mountain and a community. For example, in 1859, Shlogan River became the standard anglicized version of Slocan. The current spelling dates from 1884.
In 1891, James Delaney and Thomas M. Ward bought 160 acres (65 ha) near the lake, Harry H. Ward (Tom’s brother) bought 320 acres (130 ha) 5 km (3 mi) south, and Arthur C. Dick bought 160 acres (65 ha) 0.8 km (0.5 mi) south. They likely helped establish the townsite. In 1892, New Denver, a town on the lake’s eastern bank, was also called Slocan City or Slocan.